Talk Colorado Wine & Colorado's Wine Country: Uncle Bob's Excellent Adventure, Part 1

Monday, October 27, 2008

Uncle Bob's Excellent Adventure, Part 1

Bob Dougherty of the Palisade Tribune recently stayed with the Wine Country Inn for four nights. Since then, he has written prolifically about his experience. In his column, "A Visit With Uncle Bob," Dougherty called his stay, "An Abode, a Home Not So Very Far Away From Home:"

"I had an interesting experience last week. I spent four nights at Palisade's new hotel, the Wine Country Inn. Insamuch as my home is only about ten blocks away. I felt a little bit weird. However, my shower at home was being rebuilt, so there was a good reason to stay at the hotel.

"It was something like a mini-vacation. I took advantage of the hot tub a couple of nights, and that was a delight. I had almost forgotten how restful and soothing the water was, and the jets took the kinks out of my muscles.

"The Tally family -- Richard and Jean, their son Greg, and their daughter Anne -- were marvelous hosts. General Manager Scott Meyer has assembled a wonderful staff of pleasant and attentive people.

"Over the years, I've been blessed by being able to stay at some of the world's most renowned hotels, including a couple of Ritz Carltons, generally recognized as being the best in the industry. Well, the Wine Country Inn doesn't take a back seat to any of them."

Wow. Thanks, Uncle Bob. More of this column tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your article and experience reflect a similar "mini vacation" I took - staying at an inn one mile from my house. Though I had seen it many times, driving by over the years, I finally stayed over night. As the author of iLoveInns.com and many Bed & Breakfast books, I was still surprised at the joy and richness of experience in an inn that was so close. In this case it was Casa Tropicana in San Clemente, Calif., I'm very interested in learning more about Wine Country Inn!

Travel Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Blog Directory Adsense Alternatives Blog Directory Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory Superblog Directory GeekySpeaky: Submit Your Site! A1 Web Links - Hotels ResourcesWebforWedding.com - The Colorado wedding directory that includes Grand Junction wedding locations, photographer, planners, and much more. Free Web Directory - Add Your Link
The Little Web Directory
Add url directory