Call it a unique pairing of Front Range wine with Western Slope hospitality. During Colorado Mountain Wine Fest, Denver-based Balistreri Vineyards and the Palisade-based Wine Country Inn will team up Saturday, September 20, for a gourmet winemaker’s dinner during Colorado Mountain Wine Fest.
Enjoy five food stations, each paired with wines from the Balistreri Vineyards, then top it all off at the dessert station with a choice of Filled Crepe, Chocolate Mousse Martini or Palisade Peach Cobbler served with Balistreri Port or Cherry Wine.
The event offers a great opportunity to check out the newest place to stay in Palisade, and to meet the Balistreri and Tally families who head up the winery and hotel, respectively.
A unique “buffet station” wine dinner features Balistreri wine pairings at each station, with seating inside the Vineyard Ballroom and outside on the poolside patio.
Tickets cost $125 per person and can be purchased by calling 1-888-855-8330.
Wine Fest is the largest Colorado wine festival in the state, with over 40 wineries in attendance. Executive Chef David Kassera, who heads the Wine Country Inn Catering Department, designed the menu that compliments the wine selections.
The dinner menu runs as follows:
* An Antipasto Course featuring olives, peppers, olive oils and crostini.
* The Salad Course, paired with Chardonnay, will spotlight flakes of maple-smoked Salmon tossed with mixed baby lettuce, Craisins, candied walnuts, and shaved Parmesan Reggiano cheese, then drizzled with pomegranate vinaigrette.
* The Poultry Course, paired with Sangiovese, will consist of individual thin crust pizzas topped with Duck Breast grilled outdoors and topped with julienne of roasted bell peppers, fresh mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, sun dried tomatoes, sliced grilled duck breast and extra virgin olive oil.
* The Pasta Course, paired with Syrah, highlights Cavatappi with Braised Beef Short Rib Ragu. Roasted tomatoes, garlic and bell peppers are gently simmered with boneless short ribs of beef for concentrated flavors, then tossed with corkscrew pasta.
* The Game Course, paired with Cabernet Franc, will center around Chef Carved Buffalo Brisket. Specially selected spices are gently rubbed into buffalo brisket and marinated overnight to bring out the unique flavor of this full-bodied cut. Cooked by open flame then slowly braised to melt in your mouth tenderness, the bison will be served on cornbread with baked bean cassoulet.
* Finally, the Dessert Course, paired with Cherry wine and Port, will offer a Crepe station with apricot, cherry, or chocolate mascarpone filling, as well as Chocolate Mousse Martini or Palisade Peach Cobbler
About the Wine Country Inn
Nestled in 21 acres of vineyards in Palisade, Colorado, the Wine Country Inn is Colorado’s first wine-themed hotel. The inn sits within walking distance of two wineries and a short drive away from nearly two dozen more. The hotel sports wrap around porches with wicker furniture, a pool and spa, gift shop afternoon wine tastings and wine country breakfast.
You can learn more about the Wine Country Inn at:
About Balistreri Vineyards
Balistreri Vineyards is a family owned and operated winery dedicated to making high quality wine. The winery was licensed in 1998 and released its first vintage in February of 2000. It is a small winery producing 4,500 cases per year. Balistreri’s wines are primarily made with vinifera varietal grapes purchased from growers in the Grand Valley Viticultural Area located in Western Colorado. Select wines of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Muscat are produced with grapes from the Balistretri family’s own Denver Vineyard. The winery also sources some varieties not available in Colorado from the Central Valley of California.
You can learn more about Balistreri Vineyards at http://www.balistreriwine.com