A new, alternative wine train has been formed for traveling to Colorado's Wine Country, also using the Amtrak line.
Colorado Springs's Over the Hill Gang, International (OTHGI), in partnership with Beyond Boundaries Travel, offers active travel adventures, special discounts, and extra savings on trips to destinations around the world. This 4-day, 3-night affordable and action packed journey through Colorado’s Wine Country takes place on the “California Zephyr”, an Amtrak train car starting at Denver’s Union Station.
This scenic trip through the stunning Colorado Rockies takes visitors into the heart of the wine country and to Grand Junction, a charming town surrounded by red rock landscapes and fertile valleys---the perfect place to produce spectacular wines. The brand new Wine Country Inn, Colorado’s first wine-themed hotel, will welcome visitors with a wine reception and offers perfect accommodation for rest and relaxation after days of biking, rafting, hiking, and vineyard touring. Priced at less than $900, this offers 50+ travelers a great value.
Trip Highlights Include:
• A journey aboard the California Zephyr from Denver to Grand Junction with wine tasting and a Colorado Historian joining the trip
• 3 nights deluxe accommodations at the Wine Country Inn
• Daily Wine Country breakfast buffet
• Welcome Dinner and Farewell Winemakers Dinner
• Rafting trip with a river-side dinner
• Choice of a bicycling tour through the vineyard region OR a tour of the Grand Mesa
• Hiking in Colorado National Monument
• Guided vineyard tours and tastings
• Private coach transportation back to Denver
• Professionally-trained and experienced OTHGI Trip Host
Trip cost: $869 per person, Single supplement: $175, Deposit: $300, Balance: July 1, 2009. This trip is available to both members and non-members, so it’s a great introduction to OTHGI trips. Reservations should be made before June 15, 2009 to ensure a spot on the trip.
Beyond Boundaries Travel
CONTACT: Jeannie Barresi
Click Here for Media Kit
Over the Hill Gang International